audigy2 probs

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by ciamcool, Nov 5, 2005.

1. ciamcool

ciamcool
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hope you guy's are gunna sort this for us :thumbsup:
    i've got mce up un running fine but i've got an audigy2 zs sound card and want to be able to connect it to my av amp for dd/dts.now the s/card has spdif output but my av amp only has optical and coaxial input's :mad: .....so do any of you folks know of a cable i can purchase?? i been told creative do one, i've looked on the web site but cant find anything.
    :lease: i need your help here :thumbsup:
    cheer's

2. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    you need to connect a 3.5mm phono to coxial cable from the digital out of the audigy to the coaxial in on oyur amp, it's not know to most people, but it does work, and you won't see the cable in mosts shops...

Link removed

refering to the above post, you should be able to get a 3.5mm to phono adapter from mapln then just run a coaxial cable from that to your amp,

3. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    The information required is in the handbook which is on the website if you don't have one to hand, it describes the lead as follows:

As meansizzler stated, a 3.5mm mono to phono(femail) adapter with a normal phono to phono digital cable will do the job.

4. ciamcool

ciamcool
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    but it has to be four pole?? that's what it say's in the manual,also went to maplins and they said it was a creative part and then went to a dedicated hifi shop and they didnt do the lead so i thought i would put a post up to see if anybods have connected there s/card to their amps
    cheers

5. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    I have a dedicated 3.5mm to phono cable, came with a bunch of Boston Acoustic BA635 Digital Speakers, os you werein maplin why did you not buy the stuff we told you to get?...

6. ciamcool

ciamcool
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    o.k just been on the maplins web site and is this what i need quickfind code N86AN and i already have a coaxial cable.
    also i was in maplins yesterday b4 i put a post on here,that's why i asked for your help lads as i thought it was a lost cause @ about 5.30 last night after listening to what maplins/hifi shop said
    cheer's for your help lads
    ps as i like to get "the best if poss" in cables and wot not just want to make sure i'm buying the correct bits

7. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    It looks right to me. I can't see how it needs to be four pole and that certainly isn't what the illustration I downloaded indicated. And the description I posted was pasted straight from the document. Definately says 'mono'. Buy with confidence. :)

8. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    If you like to get the best why not try the Mark Grant Digital Coax Interconnect available on this site:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101717

It made a definite difference to my system.