1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audigy to amp

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by dennis, Aug 26, 2003.

1. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    hi all,
    im pulling my hair out (aint got that much left) i want to connect my audigy sound card to my pioneer ax10i amp,can someone explain in plain idiot proof language how to do it,what cable and plugs needed and what sockets on amp and card to use,i have a long spdif cable but i cant remember what i used it for,i think it was for my old pc and sound blaster card.

desperate den:D

2. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    If you just want to get s/pdif output to your amp, then all you need is a lead with a minijackplug (headphone plug) on one end, and a single RCA/Phono plug on the other. Plug the minijack end into the digital out port on the audigy, i'm pretty sure it's the socket nearest the top of the card, and the other end in to the digital input on the amp.

Then select "digital audio out" on the windows mixer, and hopefully, you will have glorious digital sound. :D

Sean

3. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    thank's sean,i thought i had allready posted a thank you earlier but i must have pressed wrong button.
    better late than never:blush: