1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audigy 2 to 3803

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Fuchida, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Fuchida

Fuchida
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently setup a home cinema and I am thinking of connecting my PC to the system primarily for playing games.

The PC has a Radeon 9700 Pro graphics card and an Audigy 2 sounds card. My AV Receiver is a Denon 3803 and my Projector is a Panasonic PT-AE300. My speakers are setup for 5.1. I am after some advice on the bext connection setup.

The Radeon has DVI out and the projector has DVI in so I assuming that is the best video connection.

For audio, what connections should I use and what type of cable will I need.

Any help appreciated.

Steve

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Connection - a 75ohm co-axial cable from Audigy to 3803. An adapter is required (3.5mm jack to co-axial phono socket - few pence from Maplin etc.).

Ensure SPDIF Passthrough is ticked in the Audigy's control properties & SPDIF selected in your chosen DVD software player.

DVI to the AE300? Worth a search in the LCD/DLP projector forum - 1:1 pixel mapping is impossible over DVI so VGA mat be a better option.

:smoke:

3. Fuchida

Fuchida
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I'll get the cable and the adaptor.

I'll check the projector forum. VGA instead of DVI will save me buying a cable :)

Steve

4. BBCuk2day

BBCuk2day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this is the big question though doesnt spdif only pass through games as 2 channel not surround? Has any1 compared pro logic 2/neo 6 to analog out for gaming? But none of this may be necessary as apparently newer games are coming out in dolby digital!

5. Noman

Noman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have connected my Audigy2 ZS to a Denon 3802 with 8 analog cables. Use it for DVD Audio and Games. Watch DVD from standalone. Multichannel from games doesn´t work through spdif for me.

6. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Multichannel audio from games (over the S/Pdif) requires an on the fly DD Encoder, currently the only chipsets that offer it are the nForce ones. (hence the xbox offering 5.1 in games as it uses a modified nForce 1)

I assume it is moderately processor intensive to do it in software.