Audigy 2 owners - need your help!

K

Kramer

Hi guys.

Bit of a problem. RMA'd a few HDDs the other day, necessitating a format/reinstall of the HCPC.

Can't find my Audigy 2 install disc :( It's here somewhere (I hope) but despite trying every CD/DVD case in the house, I can't put my hand on it.

Could anyone burn a copy for me or even better, upload it to some webspace? Don't think it's too big - maybe 60 megs?

I'd be grateful if someone could do this for me - movies in Prologic only now :(

Many thanks,

Drivers aren't a problem but there's no option to pass DTS/5.1 via SPDIF. This option is in one of the control panels & despite much searching (both now & ages ago for someone else's PC), the only way seems to be by installing using the supplied disc :(

So, any good (Audigy 2 owning) samaritan upload the disc for me? Want to watch a movie later & DTS would be nice.

:smoke:

Kramer,

I have the disk for Audigy Platinum knocking about and can upload to to a web server. Will that do??

Matt

That's a good question! AFAIK it should be OK. The (latest) drivers I have so can probably reinstall them after the s/ware install.

If you've got "programs/creative/audigy" & can access the "options/SPDIF passthrough/do not decode" etc. I'd say I'd be in business.

Appreciated ;)

there's 572 mb worth on the disk - do you really want all of it??

Sorry for the delay, you've probably given up tonight - it was time for tea at last.

Matt

Originally posted by matthewmartin
there's 572 mb worth on the disk

:eek:

No point in even trying to upload that much. It's probably all the extra rubbish on there, demos, .pdfs etc.

AFAIK, it's just the setup for the control panel I need. I'm sure it's burried in there somewhere. Probably 5 or 6 megs. I can't say exactly where/what it is/called without the disc though :(

Really bad policy from Creative not having these files available for download separately.

Will search again over the weekend. If you're browsing the CD, have a look for a setup.exe under sound setup/control panel/mixer etc.

Cheers :)

Excellent :clap:

Will try Audio HQ in a few minutes & d/loading the other one now.

Cheers guys :)

memphisto,

You're a star. Glorious DTS tonight! Appreciated :smashin:

Epithet,

70% through d/loading that - many thanks.

Problem solved - mods, please close :D

Kramer said:
Can't find my Audigy 2 install disc :( It's here somewhere (I hope) but despite trying every CD/DVD case in the house, I can't put my hand on it.

Found it last night :rotfl: .

I always knew it was hiding somewhere................just over 2 years to find it &, as always, I wasn't even looking for it when it literally, dropped into my hand off a shelf :D .

:smoke:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom