Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Audica

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by HLS crazy, Feb 3, 2005.

1. HLS crazy

HLS crazy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just discovered an ingenious surround speaker design package from a company called Audica. Its called the CS1. The CS-LCR is a one box design housing the Left, Centre and Right speaker. The rear 3 way speakers and sub also appear well designed.

Anyone else come across this brand or use these speakers?

http://www.audica.co.uk/

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +882
    Whilst I have never heard of them as a piece of AV equipment I cannot imagine that the CS-LCR will work well at all. Looking at the spec the LCR has an overall width of just 80cm which as a rough estimate would probably give 20 cm between the L & C speaker - Dolby recommend a min of a 22 degree angle from the seating possition and C to the L chanel which would mean (if my GCSE Maths is correct) you could sit a maximum of 49.5cm away from the speaker!!

I think that the product has been designed for those that want a stylish solution rather than those that want to actually enjoy surround sound

3. HLS crazy

HLS crazy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Picture width of my 28inch widescreen TV is just under 600mm and the CS-LCR is 800mm.

I expect the sound to match the screen content and having one front speaker is ideal for my living room.

I will audition the CS3 anyway.

Cheers

4. harrison99

harrison99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the CS2 set-up last year - they are fantastic.
    They have a couple of reviews now -both 5*.
    Peter's HiFi in Chester has them in the audition room.

5. si2k2000

si2k2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Got them as well and dont worry about the seperation on the front speakers it isnt a problem. They look great and sound great as well.

6. vajio

vajio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking about buying these babies but must admit , I am worried about the lack of seperation i.e them all being contained in one unit, plus I play a lot of music from cd's as well, so again am concerned about the quality of this. This is the reason I am going to sell my KEF KHT's 1005 as with DVD's they are great but with music are naff. Are you happy with your music on the Audica's ?
    :lease: