Audica Micropoint speakers & Microsub II

govie1978

Novice Member
Reaction score
Ladies & Gentlemen,

I used the search option but could not find any usefull information about the audica microseries and therefore I post this topic.

I have a small room of 15/20 m2 that needs surround sound for movies, gaming & music (not too loud, just a little bit). I have recieved an offer to buy 1 "Audica Microsub 2" subwoofer and 5 "Audica Micropoint speakers" for less then 100 euro's, second hand ofcourse.

1) In small space of 15/20 m2, would the Audica microseries be applicable for 5.1 use?
2) The audica combination costs around the same as secondhand KEF 2005.2 with a repaired subwoofer (fixed condensator problem). Would you favor the KEF 2005.2 or the Audica 5.1 set around the same pricepoint for a room that small?
3) Is there any stuff I should check to confirm that the speakers and sub are 100% audica and that I am not being ripped off?

Thank you.

Greetings,

govie1978

Last edited:
Audica is not really too high-end as many here good systems. I personally have never heard of them so can't really help you.

Many here have Kef and have no complaints. Second for 100 euro does sound cheap and i would listen to the system first before purchase.

Audica is not really too high-end as many here good systems. I personally have never heard of them so can't really help you.

Many here have Kef and have no complaints. Second for 100 euro does sound cheap and i would listen to the system first before purchase.

Thank you for your reply. I decided yesterday not to take the audica set because the speaker were black and I favor aluminium or white coloured speakers. Besides that, they were missing parts like a wallbracket for the subwoofer which was not a very big deal for me, but the seller was not very clear on which parts he could supply for wallmounting the speakers either, so I gave up on that offer. My gutt tells me that those micropoint speakers are awesome if you want surround sound in a small room <20 m2. Also because the subwoofer is only 26 liters and can be wallmounted, it is smaller then most speakers. Audica is a descent brand afaik.

What now?
I am going to choose between 4 offers this weekend. They are older sets from around 2003/2005 and all got good or excellent ratings back in 2003/2005:
- 100 euro's : KEF HTS2001 speakers, can be wallmounted (without subwoofer & cables )
- 50 euro's : Canton DC10/20 speakers with wallbrackets (without subwoofer and cables)
- 45 euro's : Canton MX 5.1 set with a subwoofer & wallbrackets (without cables)
- 40 euro's : Infinity TSS-500 set with a subwoofer, wallbrackets and cables

Afaik, the KEF and the Canton DC10/20 speakers have similar quality with the biggest difference being that the KEF speakers have more power but are also alot bigger volumewise. The Canton speaker are made of 99% aluminium and will certainly not need a paintjob therefore I favor canton dc10 out of these two. I will still need to find a descent sub that matches well, but i believe that I could certainly find a descent 2nd hand subwoofer under 40 euro's and 20 euro's for cables, making the total price 110 euro's. Because the infinity tss-500 speakers are mostly aluminium, I favor those more then the canton MX 5.1 set.

So I have to choose this weekend between a higher quality canton dc10/20 combination for 110 euro's or a budgetset tss-500 for 40 euro's. I find it hard to choose, which out of these for offers would you pick?

My apologies for any spellingmistakes but the forumAI thinks I am a spammer when I want to correct the post above this one.

Canton are german and in germany have a reputation, so if they sound good that might be your best option.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom