1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audica cs-3 vs MA Radius 270

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by reddom, May 9, 2005.

1. reddom

reddom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I am thinking of getting a new set of speakers for the lving room, initially I was looking at the MA Radius 270's for the front and then some 90's fro surrounds. Its a relativly small room, and gf said they had to be wood, but small!. anyway after seeing the audica's they are now an option as well.
    Most listening is stereo music, with some video. I've only seen reviews of the smaller audica set ups not the floor standing fronts.
    Has anyone heard these or compared to the radius 270 for music. The specs say that the ausica's (even the floor standers) only go down to 80Hz, is this a problem? The audica sub seems much cheaper than the radius one too.
    The other option is the kef q4 series as fronts with a 6c and compact rears.

Thx
    RD

2. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Can't really help you with the Audica, they had them at Sevenoaks when I was there but as soon as I heard the Radius R270s I knew they were for me, so I didn't listen to them. However, when I spoke to the staff, I specifically mentioned that I'd be using them for a lot of music, and that's why they demo'd the Radius for me.

What I will say, though, is to maybe match the Radius with a sub from a different range. I wasn't all that impressed with the Radius 360 sub, depending on your size constraints a Rel Quake or a BK or something else might work better.

As an aside, I did manage to demo the Radius R90s against things like the Kef 2005 eggs, and even with that, musically, there was no comparison in my opinion. Kef did a decent job, but the R90s were a cut above. Even under stress/high volumes, the R90s were really assured.

I know absolutely nothing about the Q4s, though.

3. Darnay

Darnay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Audica C3 flooorstanding system and coincidently I also reviewed them against the radius setup.
    I really like them, they sound good and they look superb. I listen to music quite a lot and the detail is impressive. The sub could be better but is good enough, sounds very powerful. Auditioned them with a Denon but eventually went for the Arcam 300 . Very satisfied.

4. reddom

reddom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I was sort of leaning towards the audica's however I see that they are rated as 4Ohm speakers with a minimum of 60watts. My amp says the following:

Is that going to be a problem?