1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audia Flight CD One

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Knightshade, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Has anyone come across the company 'Audia' before? Is their kit reliable? I know it's Italian......
    I had the pleasure of listening to an Audia system consisting of the CD One, Pre and 50 Watt power amp. I have to say I was rather impressed with the quick demo I was given. Also heard the Thiel 2.3's which were nice if a little strange looking.
    I'm looking at rebuilding my Hi Fi from scratch. I expect to stay with the Densen 350 Mono Blocks and unless someone can suggest a better pre amp. I'll go for the Linn Klimax again. Not really changing much then......
    But the CD Player is a bit more open to suggestion. Initial thoughts of the CD ONE were good but I'm not overly trusting of Italian build quality. Are there any really, really good disc spinners out there?

2. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    KS - what happened to your stereo kit ? anyway are there any good spinners out there, yes there are - I like you have done the "hokey cokey" DAC route - I enjoyed it immensely but I was lucky enough to get my hands on a stunner of a DVD-V player that I enjoy as much as my old DAC / LP12. Which proves to me Im not hearing things.

Worth trying a few high end DVD spinner out IMHO. Im detecting a slight shift in some audiophile being very happy with DVD based spinners of all costs.

Maybe the press laden hype about how bad they sound is not borne out in users system like mine.

PS there are also good CD spinners out there too.

PPS - Never heard any Aria kit.

3. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Thanks CJ,
    Got burgled and pretty much cleaned out. The real p****r is they don't make the CD12 anymore so it's a case of starting from scratch again.
    I guess on the bright side it'll be fun but it's going to take a while.....

4. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Really sorry to hear that KS – do Linn have an index of stolen serial numbers ? (TAG had a list on the net of stolen kit) Worth adding the CD12 if they do, and its also worth publishing the serial numbers on the net in case someone is offered the unit. I’ll post on HFC if you want.

FWIW there seems to be a lot in TEACs Estoric range of spinners just now, maybe worth having a look at those if you get the chance. Or maybe slum it in the meantime with a Toshiba SD-9500 quite a lovely sounding digital device IMHO. XLR stereo outputs, very nice 5.1 downmixing to stereo (DVD-V & DVD-A), HDCD, An upsample circuit that’s really nice with redbook CD (ie very noticable), oh and does not half have a nice image too.

Anyway sorry to hear your news and ATB.

5. NMyTree

NMyTree
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Universal DVD Players are starting to catch up in sound quality.

They were horrendous for quite some time, but over the last few years we're seeing some real nice Universal players that have excellent sound quality for CD, DVD-Audio, and SACD.

I also had some interest in the Audia Flight CD One, but I haven't found anyone who owns the player, or has heard it. Reviews are difficult to find.

6. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Thanks CJ,
    Already posted with Linn and a lot of other sites. Will PM the serials to you. A bit stuffed on the Denson Amps as like an idiot I didn't get the serial numbers. Might have to take a look at the Toshiba. I'm getting together a reasonable shortlist now but I won't be rushing into anything just yet.
    Cheers
    KS