Audi Concert volume issue

j4ck100

Hi All,

I have a 2000 reg A3 with the Audi Concert headunit, and it has developed the well documented fault, whereby the clever people at Blaupunkt decided that it would rewrite to the Eprom , and not RAM every time the volume was changed a notch, so sure enough it has reached its rewrite limit , and now especially when cold , when you turn it up or down a notch, it cranks it all the way to full. I would get a replacement unit, but it would ruin the look of the dash as blanker fascias would be needed etc. Has anyone else had their unit repaired? Cheapest quote is £80 + VAT so far...

Thanks

alexs2

You might want to try somewhere like Audi-sport.net.

There will be a few who might be able to help over there.

oska

Mine's doing the same. I have a Sony headunit that I was going to use but I like the standard look. Plus I've heard you lose the sub etc unless you arse about with the wiring. There are places who do refurb units which maybe worth looking into. This company was suggested in a few times when I had a look. Maybe worth giving them a ring.

Last edited by a moderator:

j4ck100

Yes quite an annoying issue, I too like the look of the current one. I will give O E a call when I get a chance, thanks. Do you know where the refurb ones are about ? Let me know how you get on with yours :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom