Audi A6 to Audi A7 converts.... thoughts?

I'd hate to order a new car and have the wait :D

Well, that was a quick day in the "panel" shop!

71k5fa.png

Thank heaven I was living and working in South Africa in 1982 to have missed that awful racket!

Geez, it took two weeks to get from the factory to get on the water. I must've been refreshing the online status every 15 minutes every day since the 8th Sept!!

Tick. Tock.

2meuz6d.png

Hope it doesn't take two weeks to get off the dock in the UK. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
In the UK "officially"! Shouldn't be too long now. Perhaps next week if I'm lucky. If not, then it will have to be W/C 24th October because I am out of the country for the week from the 15th October!

hv4abc.png

Let's hope the transporter lorry doesn't crash :p

Jaw drops...

It's so beautiful...

I have to say, I'm a tad jealous :thumbsup:

Nice [emoji106]

Looks very similar to mine...dark outside and light inside...can't stand black/dark leather and interiors.

My old A6 was "stock" black outside and in with a silver headlining. No ways could I entertain an S-Line with it's black headlining. Feels like you're in a black hole!

A7 "SE Executive" upholstery choices:

HNDTdX5.png

A7 S-Line: No choice!

0hUirKV.png

I just wanted a change. Spent the weekend applying some GTechniq to the seats (L1), glass (G4, G5), paintwork (C2) and wheels (C5). I even took the wheels off to apply the armour. Let's see how long it lasts!

Took it on my first m-way trip yesterday and today. Impressed with the Advanced Cruise Control and Lane Assist. I'm in love with the Heads Up display! Awesome.

Just need my £8 Qi charging pad to attach to my Nexus 5x to allow it to be charged wirelessly in the cradle and all will be good!

Can't wait to have it properly run-in so I can put it through its paces a little more!

I only picked it up last week in the end - Wed 26th.

The delay was two fold - I'd had a change in territory at work which meant I wanted to increase the annual mileage on the finance deal. But because funds had been released for the lower mileage just before I took delivery, it took a while to unpick it all, send the money back and to raise new paperwork, at which time I'd been in the USA from the 15th to the 21st on work. I could only sign the new paperwork on the Friday 21st when I got back and the earliest day they could do the handover was Wed 26th.

Because I then had to take my old car and drop it off at work, and with other commitments on the Friday 28th and Sat 30th, it sat in the garage until Sunday just gone when I took it out to give it a clean and add protection.

So, there we have it! Better late than never!

How are you finding the change from the 6 to the 7? I'm guessing the boot area is the major difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom