Audi A4 TDi 6spd man or tip?

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by DVD-Man, Jan 3, 2007.

1. DVD-Man

DVD-Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,932
    Looking to get a 1.9tdi, have seen tiptronic or do they call it multitronic? Anyway, I would appreciate the benefits of the tip as would the Mrs (but for different reasons........STALL! LOL)

So who's got one or had one the tip I mean, I guess the 6spd is pretty straight forward but I'd appreciate the tip in town/heavy traffic.

Cheers

Liam

2. the_sanguine

the_sanguine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    which engine? New or used?

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    The 2.0 is a vastly better engine,esp the 170bhp version and much more flexible,so I'd recommend that if you possibily can.

The Tiptronic box is very nice and easy to use,but adds cost,and also doesnt do the economy much good,but I think in the 1.9 version you'd be looking at the multitronic which is a sort of continuously variable auto.

The 6=speed manual is solid and nice to use.

4. DVD-Man

DVD-Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,932
    Been looking into them tonight and there seems to be a few peeps with problems on the tip so I am a bit put off however would still try one out nearer the time.

Looking to get an 03 plate 130 TDi Sport with 80-100k on it, I could stretch to the newer 170 but I'm afraid when I get it home the misses tells me to log onto match dot com as she walks out the door LOL!

Liam

5. zelnik

zelnik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We've sold so many tip/dsg/manual Audi vehicles I've lost count, thankfully the accountant hasn't!

If you live in an area where there is plenty of traffic then my advice would always be go with the tip/auto as stop/start traffic is a nightmare with a manual and it just adds to the stress factor.

Unless you're young and like to thrash around or it's a sports car while make life harder for yourself? I find myself getting to point b in a much more relaxed mood when using something with an Auto/Tip/DSG/SMG transmission.