Audi A4 SD card playback

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by KelvinS1965, Feb 9, 2009.

1. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    I just got a new Audi A4 as a company car and it has an SD card slot in the stereo. I found it wouldn't work with a spare SDHC card I had, but works OK with an old 256mB SD card from my missus' old camera.

I've just ordered a small selection of 2gB and 4gB cards (only came to £14 inc del from Memorybits) so I'll post back links to which ones work, the others can be use in her new camera anyway. I got 5 albums on the 256mB at 129k rate (good enough in the car I suppose) so should be around 40 albums on the 2gB, maybe a bit less if I up the bitrate. :D Hopefully be useful info for other members who may come across this thread. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  2. BigRD

BigRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I've got a Nov '07 A4 and also found that SDHC cards won't work. I use an older Sandisk 4Gb SD card works formatted to FAT32 and mp3s at various bitrates and it works a treat :smashin:
    I do find it difficult to find 4Gb cards now that aren't SDHC. I also bought a couple of 2Gb cards for a tenner and filled them up with numerous musical goodies