charliezy

Novice Member
So I switched from my Android TV Sony to the Samsung 65AU8000 just yesterday...

I am still in the experiencing and configuring phase but my first "problem" is to realize that there is no "media player" whatsoever on this tizen operating system? Or am I doing something wrong?

Now the main idea is to have a DLNA capable media player, to axess my NAS media server (SMB1) to stream movies to the TV. Was doing that mainly with VLC on android but had many other options too. I find it hard to believe that there is not even ONE option for this on tizen?

I hope I'm just doing something wrong here, and would appreciate any help from experianced samsung users.

cheers...

next010

Distinguished Member
SMB is network shared file/folder access, to use media player on Tizen you need a DLNA media server running on the NAS. A DLNA server will appear on the sources menu in Tizen.

Alternatively use third party media server like Plex/Emby then get matching client from Tizen app store, this gives you a fancy artwork layout compared to DLNA which is plain text.

charliezy

Novice Member
SMB is network shared file/folder access, to use media player on Tizen you need a DLNA media server running on the NAS. A DLNA server will appear on the sources menu in Tizen.

Alternatively use third party media server like Plex/Emby then get matching client from Tizen app store, this gives you a fancy artwork layout compared to DLNA which is plain text.

I am running twonky media server on my zyxel NAS, which was not recognized by my TV (At least it did not show up automatically). Don't think that it is plex compatible but I'll try to get some info about EMBY.

Thanks for getting back.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom