Atypical (Netflix) 2017-2021

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
Anybody watched this ? Binged the first 3 seasons. Season 4 (the final season) turned up earlier this month. I’m quite enjoying it. Jennifer Jason Leigh bothers me, I can’t decide if she’s just rubbish, she’s heavily medicated or had too much surgery. Regardless her performance is compelling even if it’s for the wrong reasons. Anyway everyone else is rather good, particularly the lead Kier Gilchrist as Sam, an autistic teenager navigating his way through high school and college. Refreshingly unschmaltzy for an American show. Hopefully it ends on a high with the final season.

Plumsandpearls

Distinguished Member
I do really like the show- but it must have the most unlikeable set of main characters of any show - worse than breaking bad. Evan is about the only likeable person in it.

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
I do really like the show- but it must have the most unlikeable set of main characters of any show - worse than breaking bad. Evan is about the only likeable person in it.
I have my issues with Evan, almost too saintly. That and he looks about 35 years old dating a 15 year old

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
Watched season 4 (the final season) today. They kinda forget Sam’s constant struggle in this, lots of big drama but it does conclude in satisfying (bittersweet) way. Overall a progressive, good show, with some slightly iffy casting.

Last edited:

Pillow Lover

Distinguished Member
Shame it’s ended. So many loose ends. I’d like to find out more about Paige and how things worked out for her…

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom