ATV2 wont connect ti itunes via Home Sharing

jotty

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help before I lose my sanity completely, having chanhged my router from BT to Sky I am having problems getting my ATV2 to link via Home Sharing to my PC itunes so I can stream music etc.

Worked fine before but have reinstalled everything Apple on both and it still just keeps saying log in via your itunes a/c to use home sharing which I have done.

The remote app on my4s is also having problems finding the PC itunes library, aaaaarghhhhh !

Enter your itunes account / password and click "create homeshare"
A "Done" button will be displayed once you click "create homeshare". Do not Click the "Done" button, click any other button on your left hand side to get out of the home sharing screen. You should see the "Home Sharing" right under the Shared tab.

Thanks for the advice, but it suddenly updated with extra tabs -TV Shows and Icloud and is now working great so must have needed a software upgrade.

Hopefully you have got it fixed but there's some major issues with Homeshare following iOS5. Mine detects but won't play, when it does play it drops out after 3 songs. There's loads on apple forums about it, with some really frustrated people. Some have bought new routers, done full wipes and reinstalls and even exchanged atv2 with no joy. Hopefully a fix on next update. Lots of DIY fixes but most involve security setting drops.

Great - I seem to be having the same problem.

Just connected mine up for the first time, scrolled across to Music and immdeiately saw my iTunes albums shown along the top of the screen. A few seconds later and they were gone though.

Now it's saying to access my music library in ICloud subscribe to iTunes Match. I don't want to subscribe and where have my albums gone! Frustrating.

As I've typed it says there's an update so I'll install that and see if it makes any difference.

Odd - it picks up the one tv show I have in iTunes, but none of my music.

As you were. Just noticed they're under Computers rather than Music :blush:

Great sound through the amp :clap:

And now suddenly it won't load photos and my music has disappeared again.

14 days to return to Apple for a refund isn't it? :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom