ATV 1 & 2 BBC iPlayer Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nindy

Standard Member
Hi,

I have purchashed a ATV 1 and 2 as I understand it you use seas0npass to jailbreak it. I understand there is ATV flash out there as well which gives you additional features. What I need to understand is seas0npass unlocks the ATV right then you can install ATV Flash or XBMC if you wish.

So what I want to ask is, is there a way of installing BBC iplayer on the ATV 1 & 2 WITHOUT the need for pc to stream it through. Any help on this appreciated I have had a look at the threads regarding this but I am unable to find my answer.

Thanks in advance !

nindy

Standard Member
Will I have to jailbreak it first with seasonpass ? Then ftp it ?

And then install XBMC ?

Cheers

P.S I can do this for atv 1 and 2 ?

nindy

Standard Member
Ok right think I have it:

1. Jailbreak the ATV2 via seaonpass
2. Install XBMC then navigate to teh iplayer plugin

Shold work then right ?

Matt_C

Distinguished Member

next010

Distinguished Member
Yeah if your on an ATV2 you use Filezilla which is an all in one SSH/FTP client.

Login details for ATV2: your IP address, protocol SSH, username root and password alpine

Dump the zip file in /private/var/mobile/library/ and XBMC should see that folder by default on the ATV2

nindy

Standard Member
Ok confused now !!!

I tried this site for my ATV1:

atvusb-creator - USB flash drive creator for the AppleTV - Google Project Hosting

I downloaded the windows zip file extracted it to a folder on my desktop then ran the usb.exe file and selected ATV_image dumped it on my flash drive. Plugged it into my ATV1 I thought it was meant to boot from teh flash drive ?

Pls bare in mind I am using a windows pc NOT apple ?

Any help would be appreciated pls I need to so this for myATV 1 & 2

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
It is supposed to boot from the flash drive, but the ATV1 is pretty picky when it comes to drives it works with. It wouldn't work with either of the two I had here, so I had to go buy a new one, which fortunately worked.

nindy

Standard Member
OK cracked it have xbmc and boxee installed ran the updates, so where do i get the iplayer pluging from ? What is the best way to ssh into it putty connected via network cable ? This is ofr my ATV1 ?

nindy

Standard Member
Ok great thanks for the advice I have cracked it I have installed the usb creator software on my ATV1 now what I wanted to ask is where do I pull the iplayer plugin from ? Also how did you guys putty into the box ? Did you connect a network cable to the apple tv ?

Is it the same process for ATV2 BUT use firezilla, will winscp work for ATV 2 ? OR do you use seas0npass to jailbreak it ?

Ta !!

Last edited:

nindy

Standard Member
Dude I can't connect via SSH into it for some reason, I can ping it fine. I'm using 'putty' ?
I have tried Winscp too ??

Any help apprecited ! :)

Last edited:

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
I use Cyberduck, but I'm on MacOS, so can't help with Windows!

nindy

Standard Member
Any help apprecited I can ping fine but unable to ssh or winscp into ATV1 to copy the iplayer file ???

nindy

Standard Member
OK update, I think i have figured it out I didn not tick the 'ssh' box on teh us creator tool thats why I can not ssh into the ATV 1. I am currently trying to download the ssh tool lets see what happens ! Thanks for you help on this guys !

:)

nindy

Standard Member
Ok all sorted the problem I had was when I created the usb creator file I did not tick the ssh box you will need to tick both boxes to get it to work otherwise you will not have ssh/ winscp access like I did ! I have installed the bbc iplayer as well works a treat.

The other question I wanted to ask is there a way to on ATV1:

1. Put the Iplayer in the main screen of the apple tv menu ?

2. Is there any plugins for 4OD & ITV PLayer ?

Thanks !!

next010

Distinguished Member
1. No.

To cut down menu interface if you don't care about AppleOS use Crystalbuntu on it, this will erase AppleOS and replace it with custom linux OS that boots into XBMC, runs way faster, 1080p display output, Airplay support.

If you have a Mac there is a way to back up the AppleOS through ATVCloner but if you dont have a Mac the only way to backup the Apple OS is to use a different HDD in the ATV1.

2. ITV Player not sure dont think so, 4oD plugin over here but experimental I think.

There are also ATV1 and ATV2 style skins if you want the UI to run a bit faster on the ATV.

nindy

Standard Member
Brill thanks ! I have managed to add Iplayer as Favourite so once click will present Iplayer !

:)

nindy

Standard Member
Ok last question hopefully !!

Has anyone got 'Icefilms' working on ATV 1 or 2 ?

Just answered my own question I have it working on my ATV 1 now ?

The question I want to now ask is this legal don't want to get into trouble !

Ta

Last edited:

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
What is IceFilms and how does it work on ATV1?

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Nevermind, found it and installed it. Looks ok, but not subscribing to MU, it's long to load to anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone