1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attn!!! Sky+ Expert Help Needed Asap

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by MANDELLS, Apr 9, 2005.

1. MANDELLS

MANDELLS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There Good Folks, I Have Just Connected Up A New Pace Sky Plus Box (model 3100) In Which I Have Done A 120 Gig Maxtor (DIAMOND MAXPLUS 9 ATA133)Hd Upgrade By Myself, Now I Followed All The Advice That I've Been Give Including Housekeeping Etc, But My Problem Is With The Rf Feedback Up To My Bedroom, Only Some Of The Functions From My Remote Control Are Working ,before You All Reply Saying Change The Eye Or The Remote I Know That There Is Nothing Wrong With Them As They Worked My Old Box.
    IS IT THE HARD DRIVE??????

I Can Go Up When Channel Searching But Not Back Down,the Back Up Button Wont Work Upstairs But When I Take It Down And Point It At The Box Its Fine, Why?
    Please Help Me Out!!! If You Think The Box Is Faulty Can Anyone Recommend Somewhere To Send It To Get Done Asap

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Are you using the SKY+ remote or a normal digibox remote?

Daft question perhaps but the standard remote will only operate a few functions on the SKY+:)

3. MANDELLS

MANDELLS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Def Sky+ Remote.

4. shoestring25

shoestring25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    so lets get this straight while your down stairs everything is fine?

if the box responds to the remote when you take the remore down stairs then there cant be anything wrong with you box. there must be somthing wrong with the remote link between upstairs and downstairs

5. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Not using it with a plasma by any chance, are you ?

6. wiz

wiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,730

Wow! Do people have plasmas in the bedroom? Must have loadsa dosh!
    :D

7. MANDELLS

MANDELLS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im lucky enough to have a plasi in the bedroom,but as i said before it worked fine with my first box, do you think it could be because of the hd? im lost

8. MANDELLS

MANDELLS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

9. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Try moving the TVlink "eye" further away from the Plasma, it may just have been in a sweet spot before and now the interference from the panel is masking the remote signals.

I can not imagine a hard drive problem which would cause selective problems with the TVlink, it would work or it wouldn't which implies an external source for the problem.

10. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Plasmas are known to cause problems with some magic eyes, because plasmas emit quite a lot of infra-red, which swamps the magic eye detector. Try re-siting the magic eye, or if that fails, try a piece of black insulating tape over the magic eye to reduce the sensitivity.

11. MANDELLS

MANDELLS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    GUYS I THINK WE ARE BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE HERE!!!

I HAVE CHANGED BACK TO THE ORIGINAL 40GIG HD NOW BUT WITH NO CHANGE STILL CAN ONLY FUNCTION A FEW BUTTONS UPSTAIRS,I DEF THINK THE BOX IS FAULTY AND NOT THE EYE, CAN YOU RECOMEND A FIRM THAT IF I SEND TOMORROW THEY WILL TURN IT AROUND WITHIN A DAY OR SO,ALSO SOMEONE THAT WONT RIP ME OFF? :lease:

12. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here's a suggestion. Take the magic eye downstairs and plug it in next to the digibox, then blank off the front of the box so that it can't receive signals from the remote. Now test and see if the magic eye is functioning correctly? IS IT?

13. MANDELLS

MANDELLS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that sinbrad,i should have thought of that myself but to save all the messing about i unpluged and packed it of to some firm called mces they will repair the box aswell as upgrade to a 120g hd for about £100 inc p+p.i am 99.9% sure the box is faulty and not the eye, i will keep you updated but thanks guys :)

14. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to hear you are happy - and glad to see you've sorted out your CAPITALS problem :)

Dave