Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

ATTN FQ80 Owners or other sony owners

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Rookies, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +532
    Ok

Well This is on a FQ80 but other sony owners may of seen it.

Anyway when I have sky digital on with a channel that you get a blue screen ie UK Gold + during day time when there nothing on. That blue screen is not all the same blue I get like a darker blue patch at certain area of the screen. But this does not effect any pictures at all when watching somthing not that I notice. Just see it on that blue screen where the no prgrams showing. I also notice it on my DVD player which when turned on have a blank screen. But I never seen it on blank screen within tv programs thou not that I notice.

Also the menu well when i first turn on have some kind line effect that flickers a bit. but if I leave the set on and look at menu later on the effect is not as bad but there very very slightly.

I dunno whether to worry about the above as none of it effect my viewing of Programs and films. As everything else is great

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try out a Red and Green screen as well.

3. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +532
    They also appear on blank red and green screens aswell. The darker colour are not always in the same place. I just dont know if it a DRC feature or what.

But Like I said Programs and flims are great cant spot any problems with that

4. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +532
    Update regarding menu

I turn the tv on this morning and went striagh to the menu, It did get the slight flicker effect. But after about 5 - 10 mins I went back into it and it settles. It hardly flickers.

When i say the menu flickers slightly when turning tv on Nothing else flickers you know prgrams and stuff just the menu, but it fine like I say after a few mins. I think it nothing to worry about really as watching movies and Programs on sky are great cant fault it.

I am going to try some other scart leads later to see if that effect the blank screens I mention at fist post on the blue screen of sky digital etc. But like I say programs shows great.