Attic conversion - need ladder ideas

jcq

Standard Member
I have an attic that has been converted – which I’ve snaffled one wall of for my home cinema – it’s about 2m high – and sloping – but still allows a decent image size (I know it’s too white – but – 1 stage at a time!)

BUT
It is difficult to get into – the ladder is rickety, narrow & high – which is ok for me – but not for the kids
The ceiling plus the depth of the attic floor is 3:10m high – and in a hall that we still need to get past is 90 cm wide

Has anyone experience of custom building a (semi) fixed ladder – or any ideas or suggestions of sites to get inspiration?

It is impossible to get a “real” staircase into (without rebuilding the house) – and the attic will never be classed as a real room – always just a converted attic.

Advice appreciated

Attachments

• Attic.jpg
    Attic.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 2,165
  • currentladder.jpg
    currentladder.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,493
  • Opening.jpg
    Opening.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,060

punk

i think you have to check the building regs . i think if you put another staircase in you will have to tell them you are doing it . you can have stairs made to size that aint a problem

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom