Attenuation Problems

juglandblues

Established Member
Reaction score
Well all was going well with sky. My line ended up at 15Mb with these stats

Line Attenuation 16.0 dB. 10.3 dB
Noise Margin 7.1 dB 8.6 dB

I lost connection a few times over a week so emailed sky who said they had bumped my speed up to 19Mb but never mentioned any problem with my disconnections. All can be well for a couple of days then i will lose connection and it will resync at 4Mb with these stats

Line Attenuation 31.5 dB 31.5 dB
Noise Margin 6.8 dB 7.0 dB

It will stay like this for a while then i notice it jumps back to 19Mb. Tried using just the test plug in the master socket and also swapping the microfilter but it still happens. Am i right in thinking it cant be an internal wiring problem? I will get back in touch with sky too see what they say..

Tried using just the test plug in the master socket and also swapping the microfilter but it still happens. Am i right in thinking it cant be an internal wiring problem?
If the problem remains when using the Test Socket then it is external to you and therefore it is Sky's responsibility to get it fixed.

Well as soon as I phoned sky and they asked me use the test socket it shot back up to 19Mb. Still not convinced its an internal wiring problem but only time will tell. Quite impressed the rep phoned me back though instead of me paying for the call since I was on my mobile.

Well as soon as I phoned sky and they asked me use the test socket it shot back up to 19Mb. Still not convinced its an internal wiring problem but only time will tell. Quite impressed the rep phoned me back though instead of me paying for the call since I was on my mobile.
Assuming that it was not a coincidence, you need to fix your Internal Wiring. Remove the faceplates of the Master Socket and all the Extension Sockets. Now ensure that ONLY the following wires are connected to the back of the faceplates: Blue & White to Connector 2 and White & Blue to Connector 5. NO OTHER WIRES are needed nor should be connected.

When you have done that replace the faceplates and connect the Sky Router to the faceplate of tht Master socket. Reboot the router. Does the fault return?

starting to think it is an internal wiring fault. 3 days in the master socket with no probs. Strange how its working perfect now

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom