Attention HTPC Users...The Best Way To Get 99% Perfect 24fps Movie Playback

Ant1982Hart

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey All :)

I decided a while ago to rip my BD collection to my PC to use as a media center/movie jukebox

Like many ive had trouble with (23.976) 24fps playback, having stuttering, weird motion in panning scenes etc...

After many hours of testing and using different programs ive found the near perfect way to do it...and all for FREE!! :clap:
This Includes Dolby TrueHD & DTS-MA Passthrough to AV Amp

My PC uses a 2.8ghz i5 2300 Sandybridge CPU, 4GB 1600mhz DDR3 and ATI HD 5570 Silent graphics card running Windows 7 HP 64

This is list of settings i use and the programs needed....................

MPC-HC...latest build
Ffdshow Audio Decoder
MadVR Renderer
ATI CCC Drivers...latest build

1...install DX9 webupdate
2...install Ffdshow
3...install MPC-HC
4...install MadVR

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1...Right click desktop - screen resolution - 24hz, 32bit, 1080p

2...ATI CCC - DFP Options - Disable ITC and GPU Scailing - 0% Overscan - RGB 4:4:4 Full Output

Video Options - Tick..Brighter Whites and Enforce Smooth Video Playback
- Un-tick...Pulldown Detection
- Slide De-interlace to Vector Adaptive

3D Settings - Slide to right, All Full. Select edge detect on top option
- Vertical Refresh...Off, unless program requires it

3...Ffdshow Audio Decoder - Codecs - Uncompressed - All Supported
- Mixer - Expand to Center
- Output - Pass-Through - Tick All
- Output Format - 16 & 24bit Integer only

4...MPC-HC - File - Options - External Filter - MadVR & Ffdshow Audio Decoder - Prefer
- Fullscreen...Tick

5...MadVR Settings - Select Amp & TV, use 3Dlut and PC levels 0-255 if applicable
- Set all Scailing Options to SoftCubic 80 (Chroma & Luna)

6..Open up a movie file and enjoy :eek:) ......These settings work great for me using .m2ts and .mkv files of my bluray collection ive ripped. (DVDfab8 & makeMKV)

Ive spent many hours playing around and testing...i know the 1st 5mins of Avatar off by heart now!ha!

Hopefully these will work for you too, Its the type of post, when i was hunting for settings that id been trying to find for ages so any feedback would be really appriciated:smashin:
Good Luck!!
Ant

Ant1982Hart said:
Hey All :)

I decided a while ago to rip my BD collection to my PC to use as a media center/movie jukebox

Like many ive had trouble with (23.976) 24fps playback, having stuttering, weird motion in panning scenes etc...

After many hours of testing and using different programs ive found the near perfect way to do it...and all for FREE!! :clap:
This Includes Dolby TrueHD & DTS-MA Passthrough to AV Amp

My PC uses a 2.8ghz i5 2300 Sandybridge CPU, 4GB 1600mhz DDR3 and ATI HD 5570 Silent graphics card running Windows 7 HP 64

This is list of settings i use and the programs needed....................

MPC-HC...latest build
Ffdshow Audio Decoder
MadVR Renderer
ATI CCC Drivers...latest build

1...install DX9 webupdate
2...install Ffdshow
3...install MPC-HC
4...install MadVR

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1...Right click desktop - screen resolution - 24hz, 32bit, 1080p

2...ATI CCC - DFP Options - Disable ITC and GPU Scailing - 0% Overscan - RGB 4:4:4 Full Output

Video Options - Tick..Brighter Whites and Enforce Smooth Video Playback
- Un-tick...Pulldown Detection
- Slide De-interlace to Vector Adaptive

3D Settings - Slide to right, All Full. Select edge detect on top option
- Vertical Refresh...Off, unless program requires it

3...Ffdshow Audio Decoder - Codecs - Uncompressed - All Supported
- Mixer - Expand to Center
- Output - Pass-Through - Tick All
- Output Format - 16 & 24bit Integer only

4...MPC-HC - File - Options - External Filter - MadVR & Ffdshow Audio Decoder - Prefer
- Fullscreen...Tick

5...MadVR Settings - Select Amp & TV, use 3Dlut and PC levels 0-255 if applicable
- Set all Scailing Options to SoftCubic 80 (Chroma & Luna)

6..Open up a movie file and enjoy :eek:) ......These settings work great for me using .m2ts and .mkv files of my bluray collection ive ripped. (DVDfab8 & makeMKV)

Ive spent many hours playing around and testing...i know the 1st 5mins of Avatar off by heart now!ha!

Hopefully these will work for you too, Its the type of post, when i was hunting for settings that id been trying to find for ages so any feedback would be really appriciated:smashin:
Good Luck!!
Ant

I don't see how most if not all of these settings would even effect 23.976?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom