1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

attention computer experts

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by andrewq, Sep 15, 2005.

1. andrewq

andrewq
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been trying to get a tv tuner card working(TVpro aka sumvision s800) but had problems with poor quality sound. I went back to the supplier and got another card and put it in place of the old one. When i tried to use the software it came back with "card not found". I looked in device manager and it was gone so i then uninstalled the software, took the card out and re-booted. There was then no software and no presence in device manager, shut the computer down , put the card back in and was expecting `new hardware found' to pop up but nothing appeared. How do i get out of this?, it's as if it thinks the cards still there, all i want is to clean the computers memory of ever having this card and re-install. I have had a look in regedit and there are some mentions of it in there but no way do i want to edit the registry, i'm not techie enough.

2. The Dude

The Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,278
    you might find installing the card in a different Pci slot will help, if there's one available..

Alternatively, boot into safe mode (hold down f8 before windows begins loading) then go into device manager and you may well find leftovers of the card still installed.
    Removing them in safe mode should help tidy things up.

have you checked with the cards software that installing the card first is the right way to go? some external devices need you to install the software before installing the card etc, so may be worth checking that too..

:)