1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attention all (quality) horror fans.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Setenza, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Just been looking through the R2 future releases at Play 247, and came acroos the following "classic" horror movies scheduled for UK DVD release:

Bay Of Blood
    Night Of The Bloody Apes
    Trauma
    Legend Of The Hell House
    The Devils.

Now "Bay Of Blood" & "Trauma" may still be the cut versions that were previously certified. I checked the BBFC website and could see no evidence to the contrary, but you never can tell in these times.

However, it is Ken Russels "The Devils" that I hold the most hope for. It appears to have commentary by the man himself and a 47 minute documentary. I can't see the man wasting his times on a cut print so we may be treated to the original directors print with all sundry degenerate acts left intact.

By the way, for anyone who's horror diet has been nothing more than "Scream" and "I know what you did etc", why not try one of the above titles to see what the horror films were like before they were mass produced by corporate board room cynics.

2. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    'The Devils' is a classic film, Ollie Reed shows how good a actor he could have been, just like the 'The wicker man', another classic delyed British film.

3. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +961
    Bay of Blood's still cut as it's the old Redemption version they're releasing.
    Trauma's had previous cuts waived, so even though it's not the ever-so-slightly longer Italian version, it's technically uncut (although the Argento zealots are still up in arms about it). Dear ol' Dario backed out of the commentary he was supposed to be doing with Alan Jones, and AJ declined to record one on his own because he felt it wouldn't be what the fans wanted. Can't stand most of Dario's films myself though.
    I'm not sure about whether The Devils will be uncut though, legend tells of some pretty sordid stuff that had to be removed from releases in just about every territory in the world (lots of dildo abuse and the like), and I don't think the UK's become quite that enlightened in recent times. The last Warners (cut) release on their vhs "Maverick Directors" label was supposedly approved by Ken Russell though, restoring a fair bit of footage that was previously removed by the BBFC, so I'd be inclined to think it's that version that's getting the disc treatment. I'd like to hold out the hope that it'll be totally uncut though, it'd certainly be nice.

I'm rather looking forward to One Million Years BC myself. Mmmmmmmmmmmm fur bikini;)