Attention All PV500 Owners

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by londonr, May 2, 2007.

1. londonr

londonr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been told that you can not accurately adjust the contrast on a PV500 using a number of calibration disks (get grey for one). Using the user menu

2 questions; Have any of you noticed that your contrast (white balance, brightness, white saturation whatever you want to call it). Seems a little too bright for your liking (no matter how much you adjust the contrast and brightness , Normal, warm settings etc)

Does any one know how to lower the contrast (not user menu, I have tried a million times)

This is on all sources, sky HD, DVD, using Scart or HDMI or Component, makes no diff, white balance is still off!:lease:

2. Mr Eddy

Mr Eddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Same here, anyone help?

3. londonr

londonr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Eddy, I had a calibrator come in and adjust my set - To be honest I don't think it is any better. I am begining to wonder if it is just my eyes. I just came back off 2 weeks hols, and to be honest the picture looks great - I think the more you look, the more you find wrong!

4. punkymunky

punkymunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Mines fine, if anything could be brighter when the sun is shining

You are right though, always looks amazing when you've been away from home for a while - particularly when you stay in hotels with LCDs stuck on the walls ;)

It's the same everytime I wheel the motorbike out of the garage in spring, fabulous for the first few rides then... could do with a bit more power, an extra gear, think there's a flat spot at 5000rpm etc etc