attatching a spy cam to cv camcorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by dan76n, Jul 24, 2004.

1. dan76n

dan76n
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all, I have a sony dcrtrv340 digital 8 camcorder and i wanted to know if it is possible to attatch a small camera (like a spy cam or somthing) to it?
    the reason for this is i want to put it on my snowboard and put the camcorder in my back pack.
    Any suggestions

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    340 is the memory stick version?, the 240 was the dv/av in version, so no.
    You would have to activate the dv/av in first.

3. torrent

torrent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm..This would suggest it has av in. But it's well worth checking because that, as Roy implied, is an absolute must.

If you have a camcorder which supports av-in then you can attach a bullet cam. Take a look here: http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/helmet_cameras.htm

4. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you used to be able to dv-enabler widgets for non dv-in cams, on my ancient sony trv120 it enabled dv and av-in, don't know how compatible it would be with the newer cams.

5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,451
    The good old EU have changed the law so that a company making a cam that 'can' be enabled for DV-in and/or AV-in are still liable to pay the additional tax as if it was enabled out of the box. Therefore I think it very unlikely that any new models can be easily enabled without hardware mods.

Mark.

6. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, but the TRV340 is about 2 years old now, so it might be similar to earlier models. I don't recall having seen any retialers selling these items recently, maybe they are prevented under the same law change. I did see a couple of ads in some of the camcorder magazines, try www.keene.co.uk, they should be able to tell you if your model is capable of a firmware modification (remember to ask about AV-in as well as DV-in)