• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Attaching Nikon D90 to a tripod??

Empgamer

Novice Member
Sorry for the dumb question but I have looked in the manual and across the internet and can find nothing on this.

I have a Gyotu (I think that's the spelling) tripod which, on the camera plate/shoe that came with it, has a screw fixing which clearly goes into the base of the camera but also a sprung stud. I have a video camera which on it's base has both a screw thread and a recess for this stud but the D90 doesn't??

Should I get another shoe or plate for the D90 of does it just not matter about the spring stud (e.g. you can mount the shoe/plate with whatever 'facing' fits and the spring stud just retracts into the shoe)?

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Sorry for the dumb question but I have looked in the manual and across the internet and can find nothing on this.

I have a Gyotu (I think that's the spelling) tripod which, on the camera plate/shoe that came with it, has a screw fixing which clearly goes into the base of the camera but also a sprung stud. I have a video camera which on it's base has both a screw thread and a recess for this stud but the D90 doesn't??

Should I get another shoe or plate for the D90 of does it just not matter about the spring stud (e.g. you can mount the shoe/plate with whatever 'facing' fits and the spring stud just retracts into the shoe)?

The quick release plate you have is fine - it's just multi-functional having the sprung stud for a videocam :)

Jim

Empgamer

Novice Member
Ah, thanks. Wanted to be sure so I didn't screw up (no pun intended) the base plate of the camera.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom