• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Attaching monitor to Synology NAS

Tom J

Standard Member
Total newbie question alert.
I'm looking at building a cctv system with IP cameras
Thinking of this camera YCBLHD8 Y Cam 1080P
I did think about a microserver but wondering whether a Synology NAS would be easier

My question is, I'm currently looking for a monitor that I could use with a NAS to view my CCTV, how would I connect the monitor to the NAS? Is it a HDMI connection. Can't figure it out. As I say, total newbie to all this stuff so I'm clueless

PegasusM

Novice Member
Hi Tom,
You can't connect a monitor directly to a NAS like a synology. You connect to the NAS from another computer in the house through your internet browser or an app. There are guides for setting this all up depending on what you want to do and I've found Synology to be very easy to work with!

Also bear in mind that most synology NAS can only work with max 2 (I think) cameras at once without buying a licence from them.

Good luck :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom