Attaching Front Centre Speaker of surround system on a Sony HT DDW890

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by norfbech, Jan 9, 2008.

1. norfbech

norfbech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hi,

Not sure if this is related to the SONY HT DDW890 (which I received today) or across the board for surround systems:
    I've noticed the front centre speaker has no options attaching to a wall mount - the other 5 (6:1 system) have either keyhole or single mount options.
    I have no room on top of the amp (or underneath the TV - the AV gear sits in a recessed fireplace) and the TV is attached to the wall - the only option I can think of is balancing precariously (via a spot of blu tack) on the top of the Plasma screen - are there available options for attaching to a mount (attachable keyhole brackets I can screw into the back of the speaker...although I would've thought that would disable the warranty?).

Many thanks.

2. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,076
    Moved to all in ones.

3. norfbech

norfbech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    cheers inzaman...although I gather this could relate to most surround/home cinema systems and is indeed the nature of a central front speaker (usually placed upon the amp or underneath/upon the TV)?

Actually, whilst picking up speaker cables in Maplin yesterday I noticed this type of wall bracket which might very much be the solution I'm after:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=9655&C=Maplin&U=SearchTop&T=speaker bracket&doy=10m1

This will allow me to 'seat' the speaker on the base of the bracket as there is no way (I can find at least) of attaching a bracket to the back as per single, dual and keyhole fittings.

4. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,076
    Ii could but i have tried it in this section of the forums first as i thought it was specific to that particular model of home cinema system?

5. norfbech

norfbech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Oh...and Inzaman can't believe I missed your home cinema set up! Fantastic ...I've been in many of those dark, dank cellars (parties in Victorian houses...when I used to go to a few parties :( ) and what great vision and work you've put in to turn it around like that.

6. norfbech

norfbech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Apparently not according to a couple of folk...but what do I know! I was surprised it didn't include a bracket fitting as the other 5 speakers do.
    I think most people attach it on top of the AV gear below or a shelf...I just don't have the room underneath and at the moment it precariously balances with just a little help from my old pal Blu Tack...not a wise long term option especially with kids around!