1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

attaching Flat Speaker Cable to ceiling.

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by amrypooins, Nov 24, 2004.

1. amrypooins

amrypooins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I am just about to set up my new surround system but wanted some advice on one aspect - the speaker cabling.

I will be having 4 surround speakers (Tannoy M1s) bracket mounted to the wall and obviously will be running cable to them- the problem is the easiest or best solutions are unavailable to me as i live in a 12th Century house and as such do not have skirting boards or floors I can run cables under (flagstones) or plaster board walls I can thread cables through (solid stone walls about 2 foot thick). Instead I want to run flat speaker cable around the edges of the room, along thew ceiling as in my trials this is by far the most unobtrusive.
    What is the best way to attach the cables? Are there self adheisve cables, if so are they up to the job? Is some sort of glue a good idea orr is it best to staple them?
    Anyone got any tips?

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I have Ixos 607 flat cable with a self adhesive backing running under my carpets and up a skirting board. They have recently changed the name to something completely unmemorable though.

3. amrypooins

amrypooins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Would it remain firmly in place if attached to a ceiling though?
    The last thing I want is it peeling down mid movie and hanging there like a constipated spider's web.

4. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suggest you buy self adhesive cable conduits. You can even 'nail' them to you ceiling and put the speaker cable through it.

I used them on my wall and they worked out fine. Any local hardware store would have them