Attaching External Aerial to Handheld/Pocket TV ??

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by g4fne, Sep 14, 2007.

1. g4fne

g4fne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi folks ... i'm new to the forum & wondered if anyone could offer some advice.

I use a Casio EV660 3" handheld Analogue TV when i'm fishing for a few days. It comes with an inbuilt extendable rod type aerial. What i would like to do is replace the rod type aerial for an external aerial that i can run a cable & attach on the outside of the tent. This way i wont lose signal evertime i have to move the TV. The "rod" aerial is removeable & is held in by a single screw through a hole at the base end of the rod aerial. Does anyone know if i can do this ?? ... I've trawled the net to try & find an adaptor or convertor to convert to a normal coax aerial connection but struggling

Alternatively the TV has an earphone input & a video/audio input. I have bought a 3.5mm jack plug to antenna converter to try running an aerial through the video/audio input socket but this gave no joy.

Any suggestions appreciated

2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    Prob easiest way is to simply attach a 'croc' clip to the end of the co-ax which you just clamp to the telescopic aerial. Crude but effective.

3. g4fne

g4fne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks for the response ... i'll give that a try :smashin: