1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attaching 32PF9986 to the wall

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jonf, Oct 21, 2004.

1. jonf

jonf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a 32PF9986. Really like it! Thing is I want to attach it to the wall. It comes with the wall bracket but no fixing screws. Has anyone fastened it to the wall? What length screws, rawl plugs are needed? I have a brick wall victorian terrace house - so not some modern built hollow wall place to contend with!

advice please!!

JF

2. Howbury

Howbury
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JF

I have a similar house. I toyed with various special wall-fixing bolts but they were all too big for the holes in the support. I ended up using six (rather than 4) standard 3inch No 10 screws & rawplugs.

John

3. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    I did the exact same thing with my Plasma. I went out and bought some huge bolts, and then decided I would have it done professionally. I was surprised to see that the installer used very thin screws, about three inches in length with standard rawlplugs.

Almost a year later and the plasma is still in place.

My wall is the party wall between two large Victorian semis. The wall is very thick, but construction is probably much the same as yours.

I am about to hang an LCD in my bedroom. I will take it on myself this time, using the same method!