1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atrac HDD on NW hd3 will not load correctly

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by TheAlfieNoakes, Jun 24, 2005.

1. TheAlfieNoakes

TheAlfieNoakes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought the Sony NW HD3, and loaded it up on my WIndows 98 se computer at home. Works no problems..

I brought it to work as I have allot of mp3 files collected over the months, to transfer data onto it.

Downloaded the latest version of Sonic Stage 3.1.. and connected the player.

It seemed to connect once, and showed up in explorer as a mass storage device, but now, after a restart, it will not connect correctly.

The Atrac HDD in the system properties, shows as having a problems, so, click on properties, reload drivers etc..

It asks for the disk, OK that, and then starts to install, but then hits the finish screen and says:

"an error occured during installation of the device

the installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance."

It also does this when you plug the usb in, and the auto detect runs itself.

I cannot get it to communicate correctly. I tried downloading a file called PA_Driver.exe, and that runs to the point where you would see a welcome screen, and then just stops..

Any ideas, or am I going to have to drag all my work music onto DVD and then home??

Cheers,

Alfie

2. TheAlfieNoakes

TheAlfieNoakes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK,

for any one who has the same problem, this worked, also a bit of savvy.. I think:

http://www.isp.net.au/~merrick/Function_Driver/Function_Driver.htm

This link explains the error message.

I then found where it stores the sony files on my HD, and choose the Sony Mass storage device, instead of the Atrac HDD in the installer, and hey presto..

Currently transferring a gorge of tracks across!!

Alfie