Atmos working ?

Swadhwai

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello

I have a denon x2200w AVR whose front display is broken but otherwise it works perfectly fine. I have a Dali 5.1 system and just bought Dali alteco to experience atmos. I have aBenq w1070 projector and using fire 4K stick.
Now my question is how do I know if atmos is playing when I stream a movie? I am using demon app on my phone and playing Jack Ryan from prime movie.

I have selected auto sound mode on denon and this is what is shows on playing Jack Ryan

Dolby D ++ Dolby surrounds.

Does it mean it’s playing atmos? What should the sound mode show when it plays atmos?

Have you configured and re-run Audyssey for the new Atmos speakers. Correctly configured then Jack Ryan on Prime will show as Dolby Atmos but only on the 4K HDR and Prime doesn't make it easy to find that.

To check what signal and speakers you are using. Set Up>General>Audio.

Only Jack Ryan season 1 is in atmos

Have you configured and re-run Audyssey for the new Atmos speakers. Correctly configured then Jack Ryan on Prime will show as Dolby Atmos but only on the 4K HDR and Prime doesn't make it easy to find that.

To check what signal and speakers you are using. Set Up>General>Audio.
Thanks

I have set up atmos but haven’t rerun audyssey.On pressing info button it shows that singal has five speakers green and sound has 7 green speakers which makes me think atmos is not working. Could it be due to the fact that my projector is 1080 P and not 4K? Any ways to get atmos sound on 1080P via fire tv 4K stick?

Are you getting test tones out of the Atmos speakers with the speakers being highlighted during the test tones on the onscreen graphics.

Sorry my mistake season 2 is in atmos but not dolby vision
My TV doesn't have DV. Thought Prime was going to bring DV back? HDR did look very good on it especially in the jungle scenes.

My TV doesn't have DV. Thought Prime was going to bring DV back? HDR did look very good on it especially in the jungle scenes.
For some reason they dropped dolby vision for season 2 its in HDR10 + but both series look great

It could be that the 1080 of the PJ is the deciding factor on what is being received. Do you have a blu ray player and any 1080 titles with Atmos?

It could be that the 1080 of the PJ is the deciding factor on what is being received. Do you have a blu ray player and any 1080 titles with Atmos?

sorry fir silly question but what would the denon info shows when atmos will work

sorry fir silly question but what would the denon info shows when atmos will work
Mine shows Dolby Atmos on the front display but it's a different model from yours but essentially it will show Atmos certainly.

This is what I see on pressing info on denon

9381EBC0-793C-4132-A309-9C681D71C286.jpeg

Yes that show that the Atmos speakers are being used, but only by the DS upmixing. The signal being received is clearly shown as DD+, this is NOT ATMOS. DD+ can be and is used to carry Atmos data, but it is a stand alone DD codec in it's own right so it's important not to get confused.

If the AVR is receiving Atmos, it will say ATMOS.

P.S. turn that &*!# Eco off!

Yes that show that the Atmos speakers are being used, but only by the DS upmixing. The signal being received is clearly shown as DD+, this is NOT ATMOS. DD+ can be and is used to carry Atmos data, but it is a stand alone DD codec in it's own right so it's important not to get confused.

If the AVR is receiving Atmos, it will say ATMOS.

P.S. turn that &*!# Eco off!

Thanks for your reply - clearly my Denon is not receiving Atmos sound as my Projector is only 1080 p.

What is the benefit of switching off Eco mode?

Thanks
Sail

What is the benefit of switching off Eco mode?
Eco cuts the power to the amps by around 30%, maybe more. It robs you of performance and headroom. It's for saving electrickery and not the heat produced by the amp as many think. Cut the electric down and the drop in heat is a by product.

Eco cuts the power to the amps by around 30%, maybe more. It robs you of performance and headroom. It's for saving electrickery and not the heat produced by the amp as many think. Cut the electric down and the drop in heat is a by product.

thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom