veeshy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm going through an Atmos upgrade on the existing setup and have the following 5.1.2 planned.

What are your thoughts on the setup and speaker positioning?

Do you think the SB2000 Pro sub is 'too much' for a 4m x 4m lounge? with future-proofing in mind.

Yamaha RX - A860
Fronts - 2 x MA Bronze 2
Centre - MA Bronze Centre
Rear - 2 x Monitor Audio Radius 90
Ceiling Speakers - 2 x MA C165
SVS SB200 Pro

Thanks in advance :)

PS. Sorry for the poor scribbles. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3851.jpg
    IMG_3851.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_4138 1.jpg
    IMG_4138 1.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_4139 1.jpg
    IMG_4139 1.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4140 1.jpg
    IMG_4140 1.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 99
Front LCR are marked bit too close each other but you probably can`t do anything about that, also the "av-cabinet" looks to be rather low. Ideally you would place them on stands/cabinet of ~60-70cm high. That usually puts the tweeters around seated ear height.

Surround speakers should be around seated ear height or slightly higher, not as high as you have them on picture because you will also have overhead ceiling speakers so you want separation between them.

Subwoofer placement is something you need to try, but that spot in general looks fine. Feel free to move it around if that is possible. SB2000 Pro is definitely NOT too much in your room! Do consider the new Arendal 1961 Sub 1S aswell, much cheaper (682£) and performance wise likely very similar.

Front LCR are marked bit too close each other but you probably can`t do anything about that, also the "av-cabinet" looks to be rather low. Ideally you would place them on stands/cabinet of ~60-70cm high. That usually puts the tweeters around seated ear height.

Surround speakers should be around seated ear height or slightly higher, not as high as you have them on picture because you will also have overhead ceiling speakers so you want separation between them.

Subwoofer placement is something you need to try, but that spot in general looks fine. Feel free to move it around if that is possible. SB2000 Pro is definitely NOT too much in your room! Do consider the new Arendal 1961 Sub 1S aswell, much cheaper (682£) and performance wise likely very similar.

Thanks for the useful comments.

1. As you've said, the LCR I can't really do much about and stands wouldn't be ideal with the kids. In the future, if the TV stand is replaced i may get come floor standers in. The AV doest sit quite low and i may look to get the foam isolation pads to angle them up a little?

2. Surrounds: I'd prefer to have them at ear height if possible, but the door leaves me with not many options i feel. I do take the point about isolation but im not sure where i should place them.

3. Thanks for the comments on the SVS, i feel reassured.

The position of the rear surrounds are in the exact same position l have mines ,it gives a nice diffused/spatial sound,your in ceiling speaker position is good to go as long as you keep them in line with front L/R speakers,but in ceiling speakers only add ambience/atmosphere so positioning aint a exactness excercise unless your future plans involve adding more of them

The position of the rear surrounds are in the exact same position l have mines ,it gives a nice diffused/spatial sound,your in ceiling speaker position is good to go as long as you keep them in line with front L/R speakers,but in ceiling speakers only add ambience/atmosphere so positioning aint a exactness excercise unless your future plans involve adding more of them

Thanks for that...was beggining to get concerned about separation

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom