Atmos up firers behind TV?

Mgbracer

Hi All
I currently have a Denon 4700 along with 5.1 B&W M1/PV1D set-up
I have a long, relatively narrow living room with TV in the corner. Cannot move the TV.
I am wondering about adding a couple of Atmos speakers to achieve 5.1.2. I have no idea how to get any wires to either ceiling speakers or high wall speakers (without it looking awful)

There is space behind the TV on the corner unit stand. Would a couple of up-firers work in this position?
cheers

Mark

gibbsy

Providing those speakers have a clear line of sight to the ceiling then I see no problems. The recommendation is to mount upfiring speakers on top of, or as near as possible, to the front left and right speakers.

The ceiling will also play it's part and hopefully it will meet the criteria. It has to be between 7½ and 14 feet high, be made of a reflective material and be perfectly flat. With the X4700 configure them as Front Dolby and run Audyssey. After calibration set the crossover to 120hz or 150hz and increase the levels over that calibrated by 2dB or 3dB.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom