Question Atmos - Sub-optimal placement - suggestions

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by stevos, Jul 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. stevos

stevos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +595
    My room is less than optimal, but want to complete the atmos experience and move from 5.2.2 to 5.2.4

I used to have 7.2.2 but the rear chair is too close to the rear wall and sub-optimal placement meant that one of the 2 rears was way closer than the other.

The current 2 height speakers are directly above my main speakers at the front of the room, right against the ceiling.

My problem is my sub-optimal placement almost impacts atmos and i don't want to do ceiling speakers.

I have my 2 GRFX speakers to my left and right, about 1.5 meters from the floor at the treble point. One option would be to put another pair of SVS prime elevation directly above these again at ceiling height.

Another option is to put on the back wall against the ceiling. The problem is due to effectively an alcove created by the door (door effectively moved into the room by a foot i assume to make the hall way wider before the stairs.) This means that i would need to have one of the 2 speakers flash against the alcove, so effectively there is a side wall along the side of the speaker (it would be in a corner), which i assume would negatively impact the sound. I would then put the 2nd 2/3rd along that wall, making the one in the corner marginally closer (1foot left vs maybe 3foot right) and it would cosmetically look a bit odd.

I could put the 2 against the oposing corners, so the left would be around 1 foot left of the sitting position and right about 6 foot from it, but would look 'prettier'.

Suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. stevos

stevos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +595
    If you look at the rear wall on the picture, you can see the fittings that i used for the rear 2 speakers. I kept them in case i changed my mind, although i suspect if i did i would install them lower.

3. stevos

stevos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +595
    No opinions / thoughts on this?

4. Topmetom 2

Topmetom 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +725
    Id whack em in the holes already and see what its like..i know its not optimum but we aint all got the perfect room. Just see what its like

5. stevos

stevos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +595
    I doubt a pair of SVS primes would hang on the same fittings as MA SFX speakers that were there before and bi-poles don't make great atmos speakers.

6. Topmetom 2

Topmetom 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +725
    At least it would save more drilling etc. Just to try...

7. chiro81

chiro81
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Bipoles are actually not that bad for Atmos heights if they are closer like a low ceiling or not as far back for the rear heights as they should be then they can be prefered