Atmos Soundbar. Which one should I buy?

futoad

Novice Member
I'm looking for an Atmos Soundbar.

I want to support input from Apple TV 4K and Tivo Edge.

I've just returned the Nakamichi 7.2.4 Sonicwafe. There were two main issues I could not get around...
1. (most significant) When content was paused or ff or rewound, etc. when it started again there was a long delay before sound came back. Long = 4-5-6 seconds. Totally unacceptable. On the Tivo when commercials were skipped it was several seconds before I had sound.
2. Wireless connectivity was spotty. Often the subs would not connect until the soundbar was power cycled. If not for #1 I would have tried relocating the subs to get better connectivity.

I called the Nakamichi Ninjas and was told the skip/pause/etc behavior was expected. Further, according to the ninjas, the same would be true for ANY Atmos system. That sounds outrageous to me. Is it true? Does anyone have same experience, or does your soundbar behave better?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

futoad

Novice Member
Bought a Vizio Elevate, but it wont work out either. Sound is not bad and it does not suffer from the issues of the Shockwafe, but regularly loses sound requiring switching input to bring it back. I’ll return that one to Bestbuy. I’m going with the Samsung Q950 next.

jay1v

Bought a Vizio Elevate, but it wont work out either. Sound is not bad and it does not suffer from the issues of the Shockwafe, but regularly loses sound requiring switching input to bring it back. I’ll return that one to Bestbuy. I’m going with the Samsung Q950 next.
Let us know how you like the Samsung when you get it

futoad

Novice Member
Sorry for the delay. That was an indiction of how much I like the Samsung HW-Q950A. 5 Stars for sure. The wireless surround speakers connect flawlessly. Same for the sub (that's not new). My ear is not the best, but the sound is phenomenal for me...including Atmos.

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom