• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Atmos Setup

Evokazz

Hey guys, I am considering adding more speakers to make an Atmos setup. My room is pretty small, but the 5.1 holds out very well after calibration. I'm using Q Acoustics 3000 speakers (with a 7000 series sub as it was noticably better than the 3000 sub). What speakers would fit in nicely for Atmos? QA don't do sattelites for this use, so would need to go off brand, are the CA Minx Mini 12's really as good as everyone makes out for this use? Their about £70 each which isn't so bad.

I'd no doubt need to run Audyssey again when these are installed right? Also am I correct in saying these would plug into the Secondary Rear L and Rear R spaces on the Denon (pretty much only sockets available), even though they would be fitted at the front wall above the TV near ceiling?

Last edited:

gibbsy

You will need to connect them to the rear surround binding posts and configure them as front height in amp assign. Re-run Audyssey.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom