Atmos setup with Yamaha RX A680

veeshy

Standard Member
Hi All

Atmos newbie here hoping to get some advice on upgrading my current setup.

I have a Yamaha RX 860 but was looking for 5.1.2 speaker setup within the budget of £1000-1500.

Just had the rep round from RS to share his thoughts and space and leaning towards the following which he agreed would be ideal. Going in for a demo later this afternoon to make sure i'm happy with the setup.

MA Bronze 2 - Fronts - £249
MA Radius 90 - Rears - £349
MA Centre - £140
MA C165 - Ceiling speakers - £230
MA W10 Subwoofer - £450

£1419

I have a new build with not the biggest lounge so feel the above would work quite well.

What are you thoughts on the setup?

Thanks all

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Are the Bronze 1s too large for surrounds and because of that you picked Radius 90? Bronze Centre looks to be 139£, so you probably meant that. New Bronze line is going to come out next year, but if you are fine knowing that and like what you hear then all good.

Don`t buy the W10 subwoofer! Swap it to example SVS SB1000 if you have to buy the package from Richer Sounds! There is also few cheaper and better options (to W10) around 350-400£ mark depending are you restricted size wise. No need to buy "matching" subwoofer from MA!

gibbsy

Don`t buy the W10 subwoofer! Swap it to example SVS SB1000 if you have to buy the package from Richer Sounds! There is also few cheaper and better options (to W10) around 350-400£ mark depending are you restricted size wise. No need to buy "matching" subwoofer from MA!
Exactly what I was going to say. Far better subs available. You could also consider the excellent BK range if RS are willing to drop the MA sub. As for the Bronze themselves they are good speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom