Question Atmos screw in ceiling speakers ?

panman40

Distinguished Member
I'm asking this for a friend, are there any decent quality atmos ceiling speakers which just screw into a joist ?, Or anything similar that requires very little DIY skills to fit ?.
Thanks.

gibbsy

Any speaker can be used from the ceiling provided they are small and light enough and the Cambridge Minx would certainly fit that bill. Readily available from the likes of Richer Sounds.

Minx Series

panman40

Distinguished Member
Thanks chaps, those Min minx, can the brackets be screwed directly into a joist rather than using plugs ?,

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
If using 4 different type of screws for wood that goes deep enough, should work. The speaker and bracket itself doesn´t weight much really. You can always ask from Cambridge Audio if in doubt.

Min Minx 12 - WEIGHT 0.75kg (1.65lbs) & brackets are some plastic ones. Longer screws for wood should do the trick.

gibbsy

Thanks chaps, those Min minx, can the brackets be screwed directly into a joist rather than using plugs ?,
My old Dad would fit every thing to the wall using the famous Penrhiwceiber Colliery screw.....a six inch nail. Actually screwing into the joist would be safer, don't do as Dad did.

John

I have mounted a 1kg Canton CD10 with an acrylic bookend and 3x command medium picture mounts.
The only holes I have made is to hide the cables
On the wall, not the ceiling, obviously

Graham

The minx min12s are so light that I don’t think your ceiling will struggle at all, and you won’t need more than the supplied bracket. Very easy to put up.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom