• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Atmos receiver to go with xtz cinema series

jk330ci

Standard Member
Hi currently in the process of sound proofing my lounge and am now starting to put cables in the right places and plan for equipment. Budget is bit by bit and not endless. Room is 4.2x4.6m soundproofed pj 120" screen.
I am seriously thinking about the xtz cinema series speakers, buy front three first and then rears. I'm planning on monitor audio cp closed back ceiling speakers to minimise sound leakage. Question is what avr to get, less than 1k ideally. Will use an old denon 3805 until I'm ready and have the cinema series in place..
Would you get the amp first using my monitor audio radius until I get the cinema series or get the cinema series and use the 3805. It would be pretty short term.

indus

Distinguished Member
Hi currently in the process of sound proofing my lounge and am now starting to put cables in the right places and plan for equipment. Budget is bit by bit and not endless. Room is 4.2x4.6m soundproofed pj 120" screen.
I am seriously thinking about the xtz cinema series speakers, buy front three first and then rears. I'm planning on monitor audio cp closed back ceiling speakers to minimise sound leakage. Question is what avr to get, less than 1k ideally. Will use an old denon 3805 until I'm ready and have the cinema series in place..
Would you get the amp first using my monitor audio radius until I get the cinema series or get the cinema series and use the 3805. It would be pretty short term.

Imho get the cinema series first. A whole new load of avrs have just been released ( by Denon, Marantz, Yamaha etc) and their prices will probably soften in the next few months as usually happens.

The price of the XTZs is not going to fall and so you're better off waiting for the AVR and so hopefully save some money.

In terms of which specific avr to get there are plenty of choices. I ran an Onkyo with my cinema series for a few months and that sounded excellent. I now run a Marantz which also sounds fantastic.

I've heard a Denon running them at Epic HC which....sounded epic.

jk330ci

Standard Member
Imho get the cinema series first. A whole new load of avrs have just been released ( by Denon, Marantz, Yamaha etc) and their prices will probably soften in the next few months as usually happens.

The price of the XTZs is not going to fall and so you're better off waiting for the AVR and so hopefully save some money.

In terms of which specific avr to get there are plenty of choices. I ran an Onkyo with my cinema series for a few months and that sounded excellent. I now run a Marantz which also sounds fantastic.

I've heard a Denon running them at Epic HC which....sounded epic.
Yeah that's a good point. Was thinking next year would be a better time to get a avr. I'm sure the denon 3805 will be ok with the xtz hopefully, will just miss out on hd sound and some features for a while.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom