Atmos question

mrjaffa

Just had my ceiling speakers installed.

Chose 5.1.2 on my Onkyo.

Popped Matrix 4K into my player and selected Dolby Atmos on the menu.

When I click info on the plyer when the movie starts playing, it actually says 7.1. Is that normal?

The amp does display Dolby Atmos.

Cheers.

mikemag

Distinguished Member
It’s fine.

Someone with more technical knowledge than me will be able to explain it properly but I think it has to do with the core track being True HD 7.1.

Shows the same info on mine:

5F66DFF5-855E-48EF-AC5C-270AEA453EEC.jpeg

but believe me, the Atmos is working :)

mrjaffa

Thanks!!

The first thing I did to test it was search for a Dolby Atmos HDR 4K video on YouTube. Played one of those and I was blown away. Have now realised Atmos isn’t supported on YouTube, so those videos are pointless. It was just playing All Channel Stereo (so did sound good).

Any recommendations on what to use as a demo instead of loading a movie and finding a certain scene? Something created to really show off the Atmos?

kahlua

Just had my ceiling speakers installed.

Chose 5.1.2 on my Onkyo.

Popped Matrix 4K into my player and selected Dolby Atmos on the menu.

When I click info on the plyer when the movie starts playing, it actually says 7.1. Is that normal?

The amp does display Dolby Atmos.

Cheers.
no player decodes atmos,it just sends the true hd track to the amp which decodes the atmos info,the matrix is up there as one of the best atmos tracks,dont expect the ceiling speakers to be blasting you all the time.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom