Atmos placement options

dystopianmiz

Novice Member
Hi all new here 😬

I’ve just bought a demon avr x1600h,
I am considering my setup for atmos and unsure on how to get the best results from my available space, I don’t want to install in ceiling speakers due to lath and plaster ceilings (mess) so my options front speakers with the ceiling bounce option but unsure how effective this is for this I was considering monoprice immersive speakers Premium Immersive Satellite Speakers | Pair

My other option was mounting satellite speakers to the side of me pointing at me seating position attached picture for reference.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I’m finding to try and get any solid advice on this hard work through searches.

Thanks

Attachments

• 9202EA89-EFC1-44D6-9142-A29D627BAA4E.jpeg
    9202EA89-EFC1-44D6-9142-A29D627BAA4E.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 35
  • F0FA36BA-C70D-4D2F-A975-20DDA739BC79.jpeg
    F0FA36BA-C70D-4D2F-A975-20DDA739BC79.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 37

gibbsy

Welcome to the Forum. Croeso.

Your front speakers are set a little high. Certainly too high to have upfiring speakers working with them. Upfiring speakers need to be set on, or as near as possible to the front left and right and placed no higher than 50% of the height of the ceiling. So, looking at your photograph they are ruled out.

Your second option would work better. If you can then place them as high as possible, angled towards the sofa. For optimum Atmos effects all of the base speakers should be at a seated head height to allow for good separation between the base level and the Atmos domain.

Configure them in the Denon as Top Middle.

dystopianmiz

Novice Member
Hi thanks for your reply, ah so I should move them down then I’ll get on that 👍

Would that make it feasible? Or would the second option still be more effective

thanks

gibbsy

Moving them down so that all your tweeters are in line, including the centre would improve your front sound stage. I don't know the speakers you've linked to but looking at their construction the lower you get with their placement the better the throw would be.

The ceiling, lathe and plaster. The ceiling needs to be perfectly flat and made of a reflective material so your fine there and the height looks fine.

I still think that pair of speakers by your seating would work better. A pair of CA Minx would do the job and certainly out perform the ones you've linked. Providing that is you are happy running cable to them.

dystopianmiz

Novice Member
Moving them down so that all your tweeters are in line, including the centre would improve your front sound stage. I don't know the speakers you've linked to but looking at their construction the lower you get with their placement the better the throw would be.

The ceiling, lathe and plaster. The ceiling needs to be perfectly flat and made of a reflective material so your fine there and the height looks fine.

I still think that pair of speakers by your seating would work better. A pair of CA Minx would do the job and certainly out perform the ones you've linked. Providing that is you are happy running cable to them.

thank you for help I’ll shall looking to them 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom