• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Atmos over DD+ oddness.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
I've recently started using a couple of Dolby Digital Plus sources/devices (LG Oled via ARC, SKY Q) fed into my Pioneer SC-LX59 and there's an odd problem with Atmos encoded programming.

If I pause a program that has "Atmos over DD+", or select another episode, the signal gets messed up (sorry, best way I can describe it) - the centre channel moves over to front right.

I can cure it by selecting a different audio mode on the receiver then switching back, but if I pause again, it happens again.

I first noticed in on 4K football from SKY Q (and blamed SKY), but it's also happening on Atmos stuff from Netflix.

The receiver's never been great on "Auto", it often fails to select the correct surround mode but I've got used to that from previous Pioneer receivers.

The problem doesn't occur with "proper" Dolby Atmos from BluRay, only with the DD+ version.

Any suggestions before I ring for a repair?

Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom