Answered Atmos over ARC for LG OLED65B7

t-force

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got an LG OLED65B7, which I'm generally very happy with. However, I don't seem to be able to output Atmos over ARC back to my AV amp. I'm well aware that it will be limited to Dolby Digital Plus (rather than TrueHD), but I was under the impression that Atmos with DD+ should be viable.

If Netflix & Microsoft get their act together, then I'll be able to use the Netflix app on my XB1X, but until they do, the implementation of Dolby Vision is less than ideal.

Has anyone been able to get their 7-series LG to output Atmos over ARC? If so, what settings to do I need to tweak?

Hi all,

I've got an LG OLED65B7, which I'm generally very happy with. However, I don't seem to be able to output Atmos over ARC back to my AV amp. I'm well aware that it will be limited to Dolby Digital Plus (rather than TrueHD), but I was under the impression that Atmos with DD+ should be viable.

If Netflix & Microsoft get their act together, then I'll be able to use the Netflix app on my XB1X, but until they do, the implementation of Dolby Vision is less than ideal.

Has anyone been able to get their 7-series LG to output Atmos over ARC? If so, what settings to do I need to tweak?
Hi

I get Atmos out of my C7 to my amp .
I have an Xbox one x go in to my tv and get Atmos from that , plus Netflix app on the tv also out puts Atmos to my amp .
It doesn’t work prefectly , with Netflix I have start the program then which the sound from internal speakers first then switch to output arc to amp then Atmos kicks in on my amp .

Here,s my C8 settings and it works perfectly with my Denon 4400,I think the settings are generally the same between the 7 /8 series sets

Attachments

• 7152D925-9F37-42FA-A4CA-601F186E2F50.jpeg
    7152D925-9F37-42FA-A4CA-601F186E2F50.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,181
  • 8345BDB5-990B-4849-BA25-5A315E986446.jpeg
    8345BDB5-990B-4849-BA25-5A315E986446.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,257
  • FCD77AA3-F8FD-46E6-A558-96D1251054BA.jpeg
    FCD77AA3-F8FD-46E6-A558-96D1251054BA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,847
Last edited:
The key setting is hidden under HDMI ARC in the sound menu - it should be Auto to allow DD+ and thence Atmos. On a C8 this can be quickly tested with the Dolby app before trying Netflix etc.

I have the LG OLED65B6 so I imagine Dolby Atmos is out of the question altogether correct?

Hi

I get Atmos out of my C7 to my amp .
I have an Xbox one x go in to my tv and get Atmos from that , plus Netflix app on the tv also out puts Atmos to my amp .
It doesn’t work prefectly , with Netflix I have start the program then which the sound from internal speakers first then switch to output arc to amp then Atmos kicks in on my amp .

So if you play lossless atmos blu-ray from your Xbox One X connected to the TV, the TV sends lossy Atmos to the amp? AFAIK the TV cannot encode on the fly lossless TrueHD Atmos to lossy Dolby Digital+ Atmos...

Thanks for the input guys - turns out the issue was amp-side, rather than on the TV - needed to update the firmware. Now working great.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom