Atmos not working with Firestick through Denon AVR

cybergambit

Hey all,

I have posted this query in the AV receiver forum already but was advised that the streaming forum may be more relevant so posting here.

I have just got hold of a Denon x2300w (small step upgrade from my previous H/K AVR171). The main reason being that I wanted to experience Dolby Atmos audio.

The issue is that I cannot get Atmos to work through my Firestick 4k (plugged into a HDCP 2.2 HDMI port on the back). I have Atmos working fine through the same Firestick when it is plugged into my Atmos enabled soundbar and/or Sony TV in the other room (i.e. Disney+ and Amazon Prime all state Atmos on certain content and also on the OSD when played), however when plugged into the Denon receiver, everything states 5.1 and only has “DD+ surround” on the OSD as audio input.

Any ideas?

By the way I also have a Roku+ stick plugged into the receiver and it does have Atmos working for AppleTV on there (source input on-screen states “Dolby Atmos” and the display on the Denon receiver itself says “Atmos”), so I know that the receiver can do Atmos from streaming services and also that the Firestick can do Atmos when plugged into other devices... they just won’t do it together!!

Thanks

THX1138UK

I usually get Dolby Atmos from my Fire Stick 4K on DisneyPlus, through my Denon X6200W but tonight it's all 5.1 and there's no mention of Dolby Atmos in the title details. My Fire Stick 4K has just installed an update, so maybe they broke something...

Regards,
James.

cybergambit

I usually get Dolby Atmos from my Fire Stick 4K on DisneyPlus, through my Denon X6200W but tonight it's all 5.1 and there's no mention of Dolby Atmos in the title details. My Fire Stick 4K has just installed an update, so maybe they broke something...

Regards,
James.
Interesting, I’ll try my firestick back in my Bravia TV (which I know plays out Atmos) and see if its gone from mine too...

THX1138UK

Interesting, I’ll try my firestick back in my Bravia TV (which I know plays out Atmos) and see if its gone from mine too...

Dolby Atmos has definitely disappeared from all DisneyPlus & Star titles on the Amazon 4K FireTV stick (verified on two Amazon sticks and different AV setups).

Dolby Atmos still works on Amazon Prime.

The version of the DisneyPlus App is v1.14.2 (21041500) which I assume to mean 15 April 2021).

So it’ll be interesting to know if this new release is the reason why it’s not working. I’m surprised more people aren’t discussing this…

Regards,
James.

cybergambit

Dolby Atmos has definitely disappeared from all DisneyPlus & Star titles on the Amazon 4K FireTV stick (verified on two Amazon sticks and different AV setups).

The version of the DisneyPlus App is v1.14.2 (21041500) which I assume to mean 15 April 2021).

So it’ll be interesting to know if this new release is the reason why it’s not working. I’m surprised more people aren’t discussing this…

Regards,
James.
Same for me - Atmos was working fine on my Bravia plugged in Firestick Disney+ app. Now just shows 5.1 - also showing video as 4K UHD HDR and not Vision as before.

StevieG8

Novice Member

Regards,
James.
Atmos is now back for me bud so hopefully same for you

THX1138UK

Atmos is now back for me bud so hopefully same for you

Yes, I've just checked and Dolby Atmos is back!

The DisneyPlus App has been updated to v1.14.3 (21050700) - 07 May 2021.

Regards,
James.

cybergambit

Yep, its back.

Better still, my Sony Bravia TV now has Atmos in its Android app too.

This means the Bravia is the only device I have which has both Vision and Atmos for Disney+, Netflix, Prime and Apple TV+ now.

THX1138UK

Yep, its back.

Better still, my Sony Bravia TV now has Atmos in its Android app too.

This means the Bravia is the only device I have which has both Vision and Atmos for Disney+, Netflix, Prime and Apple TV+ now.

That's impressive. How many of the in-built services do frame rate matching (this is a bug-bear for me).

Regards,
James.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom