Question ATMOS IN THE CORNER YES or NO

keithwiggins

Atmos is always going to be very room dependant and lifestyle considerations , room layout, furniture and curtains as well as ceiling height will always have an impact on the degree of atmos effect that you will enjoy.
Did you have a specific model in mind or is this just a general query? You will get the best atmos effects choosing a bar with upward firing drivers ( rear surrounds can be useful too if you have room) as opposed to bars that offer front firing drivers with clever processing that trys to simulate the atmos effect.

johnr2110

Atmos is always going to be very room dependant and lifestyle considerations , room layout, furniture and curtains as well as ceiling height will always have an impact on the degree of atmos effect that you will enjoy.
Did you have a specific model in mind or is this just a general query? You will get the best atmos effects choosing a bar with upward firing drivers ( rear surrounds can be useful too if you have room) as opposed to bars that offer front firing drivers with clever processing that trys to simulate the atmos effect.
[/QUOTE

Currently a general enquiry. Looking at the at Samsung sound bars Q60T & the Q70T models, I wonder if spending an extra £200 would be beneficial?

keithwiggins

I have owned a samsung soundbar msw 650 which for the money was very good, but have not heard the 2 models you are referring to. Value for money is a very personnel thing, some people feel paying £100 for a hdmi cable is good value!

I would research both as a starting point, read reviews ( useful but nothing else) compare feature sets do they both offer what you want. finally and this is never going to be easy but try to listen to them. Looking at the specs they dont seem to be dramatically different. However specs cannot tell you how they will sound.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom