• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Atmos , if you are 1.2m from back wall ?

mb3195

Distinguished Member
As far back as you can, then the same distance from you MLP for the front ones.

mb3195

Distinguished Member
It’s doable. Mine isn’t much more than that (1.4m I think), I’ve got 7.2.6 and it sounds amazing.

grahamricho

Established Member
Has Dolby stopped allowing up mixing on Dolby processors? Ive just read, to use the atmos speakers you have to play atmos encoded movies? You can not play a 7.1 encoded movie and up mix it to allow your atmos speakers to be in use? Or is that a bad thing?

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Has Dolby stopped allowing up mixing on Dolby processors? Ive just read, to use the atmos speakers you have to play atmos encoded movies? You can not play a 7.1 encoded movie and up mix it to allow your atmos speakers to be in use? Or is that a bad thing?

Atmos upmixing still works fine. I think they are trying to stop upmixing Dolby to Nerual X and DTS to Atmos, but Dolby to Dolby surround and DTS to Neural X is fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom