• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Question ATMOS/DTS:X 7.2.4 Set-up

best3175

Novice Member
I am planning a Dolby ATMOS/DTS:X Theater conversion. I want to use existing speaker connections, but they are not exactly what is recommended. Do you think I would get much benefit from the following set-up.

I have in-wall presences speakers in the front. They are about 1-1/2' below the ceiling (Basement 8' ceilings) and are inside my Front main channel speakers.

I also have tower speakers as my side surrounds. In addition to the tower speakers, I wired speaker connections directly above them. I would like to wire ATMOS ceiling speakers to these.

I have the typical center channel and in-ceiling surround back speakers. I also have two subs but have wired for four subs, one in each corner.

Will Audyssey help correct for the speaker miss-placement? Will I get much benefit from ATMOS or would a Yamaha be a better choice with some of their additional processing?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom