Atmos demo disk

thevr6

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

So i now have a Denon 2200 amp. Very happy with it. I want to show off what atmos is and would like to get hold of one of the proper dolby atmos blu rays but it seems its only to installers.

I have tried to download off the internet but its defeated me.

Does anyone have one kicking about they would like to let me borrow? I just wanna show the mrs the system and how it is different and a few friends.

Or any other ideas how to get one? Without paying £60 from fleebay!

Yeah thanks I did see that but its still £30 lol.

Does anyone have one knocking about in their bottom drawers?

I downloaded the files which came in that format this morning. No idea what to do with them? Will they just play it i stick the usb dongle into front of amp? Or into ps4?

Il give it a bash!

Have you managed to do it?

^^^Silent Movie is really funny, I enjoyed it

[emoji106]

I have just tried a few of these..using a usb into my Samsung blu Ray disc player, then through my atmos enabled onkyo 838, I get the picture but says audio codec not supported? Any ideas?

I have just tried a few of these..using a usb into my Samsung blu Ray disc player, then through my atmos enabled onkyo 838, I get the picture but says audio codec not supported? Any ideas?
Are you trying to download the "lossless" videos? If that is the case I am having the same issue. I downloaded the "lossy" versions of the videos and they play just fine.
The difference between lossless and lossy is so minimal I dont think the human hear can even catch it anyway

Are you trying to download the "lossless" videos? If that is the case I am having the same issue. I downloaded the "lossy" versions of the videos and they play just fine.
The difference between lossless and lossy is so minimal I dont think the human hear can even catch it anyway
Yes I have got the lossless versions..if I go for the lossy, do they work and will it play in Dolby atmos? Thanks.

Yes I have got the lossless versions..if I go for the lossy, do they work and will it play in Dolby atmos? Thanks.
The lossy versions will work, but not in Dolby Atmos. The lossless versions for some reason unknown to me will play without audio...Only lossless downloads will feature Dolby Atmos unfortunately

By the way, even the lossy versions sound pretty good in 5.1 dolby surround:)

By the way, even the lossy versions sound pretty good in 5.1 dolby surround:)
Ok will give it a go, really wanted the full fat version though lol

Ok will give it a go, really wanted the full fat version though lol
Me too....But the rain effects are near dolby atmos in my opinion, and they truly bring your Home Theater to life

Yep downloaded those and they dont play on the ps4 or into the usb input on the receiver.

Any other ideas?

Cant beleave how expensive they are. If they released a commercial version at a decent price, loads would sell.

Yeah i don't understand why they cant just make it easy to download or send off to customers.

We have invested in the amps so why not give us something to please the wives who don't understand why we have wires and speakers on the ceiling?!

[emoji23]

I messaged the guy on ebay and he sold it to me for £21.95 incl delivery and it arrived today.

Once my bk sub arrives and iv setup the system il let you know how it sounds [emoji106]

No just that one it looks like. Message anyone else selling them a d say the last one sold for £21.95 incl and see what they say. At the end of the day the blu rays are free "to the right people" so £21.95 profit isnt bad (apart from postage) so in sure they wont mind reducing price a bit!

I've read on another forum that if you email Dolby asking for the disk, they give them for free. I suppose loads have done this so probably wont work now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom